I have been struggling since a bit now with a brand new apu2c4 that point blank refuse to accept any input from keyboards, which makes it difficult to press F10 and get started.
- I have a few macs where I have tried it out using the screen command to connect to the serial interface
- I have tried on both a MacPro with USB and Bluetooth keyboard and Macbooks. Same results. No keyboard
- I have tried it from a CentOS virtual machine. Same symptom. No keyboard.
- I am booting it using a USB stick. I have tried several various sticks and they all work fine to boot both the pfSense install image and tinyCore but not keyboard input
- I have downloaed this image and put it on the USB stick [ pfSense-CE-memstick-serial-2.4.2-RELEASE-amd64.img ]
- I have created the USB stick with this command [ gzcat pfSense-CE-memstick-serial-2.4.2-RELEASE-amd64.img.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/disk2 bs=1m ]
- I have created one USB stick with the tinyCore using this procedure with the same effect, no keyboard [ https://howdoilinux.com/category/pcengines/ ]
So that is what I have tried so far and now I am looking for more things to test. If you have any ideas, please let me know what else I could try out before I put things on the shelf for a while.