I tried to install the new LTS Version on my equipment: APU2 4GB with 16GB msata SSD.
I found some helpful solution to handle the serial Console Problem but ...
The System don't seems to boot. I really don't know what went wrong. The only line I see is:
Booting from Hard Disk...
Booting from 0000:7c00
What I double checked so far:
- No Error during installation
- Select ssh Server during installation
- At the end wenn installing Grub I said NO and installed the grub on /dev/sdb (that is my msata SSD device id)
- If I scan my system with nmap I could find the device during the installation process. So I belive that the system is not booting.
- Booting Tinycore is working fine from USB. BIOS is on latest version.
- Tried installation with modified tinycore and also with unetbootin (build USB Stick on windows and linux)
Any Ideas, help or solution welcome. As soon as we have an working solution I would extend this thread with some helpfull hits and tips
update from 2016-07-09:
- Problem is grub. I don't know why but 16.04 creates a broken boot record or config file.
- Quickfix 1: Install 14.04 on SD card. Fastest way => tinycore with modification see http://pcengines.ch/howto.htm#OS_installation
- Boot from SD card 14.04 and update grub => update-grub
- Now you have 2 boot entries 14.04 and 16.04
- reboot from sd card and choose 16.04 from /dev/sda1 to boot
- reinstall grub => grub-install /dev/sda (double check if this is your boot disk)
- remove sd card and boot from msata. Check if the sata LED shows activity. It takes some time to boot the first time
- If you have no console on serial line => https://github.com/ynkjm/ubuntu-serial-install
Your System should now boot from mSata with a console on serial line. I know ... not a perfect solution, but a first step