How does step 3 work (I can't find the boot.cfg file) ? I installed Esxi onto an usb stick using VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.0.0.update02-3620759.x86_64.
This is not for esxi6 ? =>What do they mean with Allow Rufus to update menu.c32 ?
- Preparing the installation:
- ESXi needs 4GB RAM
- Download the latest ESXi installer .ISO image from VMware (ESXi Version 6.0.0 Update2 or later is needed)
- Write the ESXi installer .iso file to a USB memstick. Rufus on Windows is recommended. Allow Rufus to update menu.c32.
- After the flashing process is complete, edit one line in the file boot.cfg file in the root directory of the USB stick like this:
kernelopt=runweasel text nofb com1_baud=115200 com1_Port=0x3f8 tty2Port=com1 gdbPort=none logPort=none
- Boot the apu1/apu2 board with the USB stick and install ESXi on the SD or on the mSATA
- After the installation succeeded, the same change in boot.cfg needs to be done on the SD/mSATA to redirect the console to the serial port. Boot the apu board with TinyCore and edit the file.
- Once the apu successfully started ESXi as shown below, start VMware and connect to the remote server.
- Open a browser with the provided address and start the vSphere Web Client. Or use the depricated 'VMware vSphere Client' (Windows only) can help configure the host and the guest. Please see VMware Knowledge Base