* Buspirate and tool "flashrom"
* JP12 (SPI) connected
* flashrom -V -p buspirate_spi:dev=/dev/ttyUSB0,spispeed=1M -c "MX25L1605A/MX25L1606E/MX25L1608E" --read backup.bin # do not continue if this command reports an error!
* Using file apu140405.rom
* flashrom -V -p buspirate_spi:dev=/dev/ttyUSB0,spispeed=1M -c "MX25L1605A/MX25L1606E/MX25L1608E" --write apu140405.rom
* If this finishes w/o error, then disconnect everything from APU1
* Power on APU and have fun - again...
* Do not connect APU to PSU, otherwise devices may support "smoke sign protocol", only. Flashrom becomes power from Buspirate
* Do not connect PSU to APU if you did not disconnect Bitpirate from APU (really *all* connectores)
Hopefully these instructions may help if s/o has also bricked APU1